Transition to ISO 9001: 2015 standard
MAIN CHANGES IN ISO 9001:2015 :
- An explicit requirement for risk based thinking to support and improve the understanding and application of the process approach.
- Fewer prescribed requirements.
- Less emphasis on documents.
- Improved applicability for services.
- Increased emphasis on organizational context.
- Greater emphasis on achieving desired outcomes to improve customer satisfaction.
TRANSITION PERIOD AND VALIDITY:
- ISO 9001:2015 was published on 15th September 2015.The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) has agreed to a three years transition period from the publication date of ISO 9001:2015 ie till 15th September 2018.
- The ISO 9001:2008 will not be valid after three years from publication of ISO 9001:2015 ie after 15th September 2018.
- The expiry date of certification to ISO 9001:2008 issued during the transition period corresponds to the end of the three year transition period i.e. 15th September 2018.
- All issues that require client action for compliance with the new requirements should be clearly identified and raised as documented findings.
- Only when all identified outstanding issues have been appropriately addressed and the effectiveness of the management system demonstrated, can the auditors recommend certification to ISO 9001:2015
- Records should be available to demonstrate that all prior transition audit findings have been evaluated for corrective action and compliance before any recommendation for approval to ISO 9001:2015 can be made.
- Evaluation of a client's conformance to the new requirements during the transition phase does not interfere with the client's on-going conformance to ISO 9001:2008.
IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTATIONS FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Identify organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet new requirements.
- Develop implementation plan.
- Provide appropriate training and awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the organization.
- Update existing QMS to meet the revised requirements and provide verification of effectiveness.
- Where applicable liaise with TNV for transition arrangements.
TNV PLAN FOR VERIFYING CLIENTS TRANSITION TO ISO 9001:2015:
Process for Existing Clients:
- Download the Guidance document “Transition to ISO 9001:2015 standard” in reference of IAF-ID 09.
- Communicating to the clients about Transition and Gap Analysis through Guidance document TNV-Transition Plan uploaded on the webstite of TNV.
- Training for Transition to ISO 9001:2015 for TNV clients (open house training only to desirous clients).
- The audit required to review transition to new standard can be combined with the Surveillance, Certification or Recertification Audit
- TNV Clients should inform about the tentative date for the audit to TNV office at the earliest. The organizations will have to implement the QMS as per ISO 9001:2015 for at least a period of six months prior to the transition audit.
- The Transition audit will be a two stage audit even though if it's a surveillance audit. During the audit the unclosed non conformances from previous audit will be reviewed and evaluated with reference to ISO 9001:2015.
- TNV will spend audit duration equal to recertification audit duration plus additional man-day as stated in the TNV Transition Plan if combined with surveillance and recertification.
- The Transition audit, the evaluation of the findings of the audit, closure of the non-conformances observed, evaluation of the corrective actions and compliance to ISO 9001:2015 will be checked prior to recommendation for approval to ISO 9001:2015 by TNV.
- The complete process should be completed prior to the expiry of ISO 9001:2008 ie till 15thSeptember 2018.
- In case the Organization fails to conform to ISO 9001:2015 during the audit but conforms to ISO 9001:2008 then the certification to ISO 9001:2008 will continue till 15th September 2018.
Process for New Clients:
- New clients can opt for either ISO 9001: 2008 or ISO 9001:2015 directly. No certification request for ISO 9001:2008 will be accepted 18 months after the publication date of ISO 9001:2015 i.e. after 15th March 2017.
- In case the client opts for ISO 9001:2008, the certificate will not be valid for three years but till the last date of the validity of ISO 9001:2008 i.e. 15th September 2018. The client needs to switch to ISO 9001:2015 prior to expiry of certification.